Aspiring entertainers often pay the bills waiting tables or serving Starbucks. Adam Carolla used to punch the clock as a boxing trainer, carpet cleaner and rebuilder of earthquake-damaged homes. With so much elbow grease in his past, Carolla’s Joe Six-pack bona fides were established, distinguishing him as an unimpeachable man brand. The 49-year-old comic has parlayed a cool cable TV run (MTV’s Loveline, Comedy Central’s The Man Show) into a podcast and even a signature-cocktail empire. As if Carolla needed any other manly credentials, Patty Newmark, whose agency helps the funnyman secure sponsors, let slip that Carolla actually does the podcasts from his garage.
The Empire That Is Adam CarollaComic is quite the savvy businessman
- Project Manager Creative Circle (Project Manager) Plano, TX
- Production and Analytics Coordinator The Urban Institute Washington, DC
- Manager, Publicity, CNBC Primetime NBCUniversal Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Advertising Sales Representative Amos Media Company Chicago, IL
- Director of Client Strategy Resonate New York, NY